Here is a summary of our night/day in labor and delivery. It didn't turn out as we expected...
So we were sort of stuck, waiting for my cervix to dilate. So we went walking around the delivery floor some and I bounced around on an exercise ball. I was checked about two more times before 1:00PM and still there was no progress. My doctor wanted me to be 3-4cm dilated before she could break my water. She said I would need an epidural for her to break my water before 3cm and once that was inserted I would be "committed" to staying in L&D for the labor, which she thought would be at least two days. Her strong suggestion was that I go home and come back when my contractions are strong enough that I need to breathe through them or when my water breaks.
She saw no reason for a c-section because the babies are doing great and would be fine to stay in for a little while longer. It is pretty disappointing but Brian and I know it is for the best. There is no reason for me to have surgery or be miserable in the hospital when our babies are healthy and still enjoying their current home.
It just SUCKS! I thought a scheduled induction was our guarantee, but I guess even a scheduled induction can have to be re-scheduled. So now I am trying to go into labor on my own and I see the doctor Monday to check my cervix and reschedule round #2, if needed. I know a c-section is a possibility, which is OK with me, but it might be worth waiting it out to avoid it.
I am still having contractions but they aren't strong. I am looking forward to a nice long walk with Brian, spicy food, and all the other ways to naturally induce labor that people have been telling me. There is one thing we still haven't tried...and tonight is the night. So be thinking of us :)
1 comment:
((Hugs)) Darn it, I was so hoping you would get to meet them sooner rather than later. Get on that natural labor induction, it can be fun!
Post a Comment