Friday, January 14, 2011

FAQ's

Soooo I just left Publix and after about 30 minutes of shopping I had probably been stopped at least 5 times and asked the routine of questions I get over and over in a typical day. Usually I play along and answer nicely, but sometimes I want to mess with people. It isn't their fault that I am sick of the interrogations, but some people have no issue with invading another person's privacy. Here is a run-down of my repeated conversations:

Frequently Asked Questions:

About pregnancy:
Wow, when are you due? A couple of weeks.
Is there more than one in there? Yes, I am having twins.
Are you going to have a c-section? Not unless I need one. Which currently I don't.

About twins:
Do they run in your family? Yes, actually they do!
Oh so you didn't do fertility treatments? Blank stare.
Are you having boys or girls? One boy and one girl
Are they identical? No, actually a boy and a girl cannot be "identical." (This really should be a blank stare, but I feel the need to educate people on this!)

Everything else:
Are you going to breastfeed? I plan on it.
How? Another blank stare.

So, that was my night at Publix! I went grocery shopping and bought some foods to make freezer meals. I am starting with chili. It is a favorite of Brian's all year round. It will be the middle of summer and he will ask me to make chili! I can't really blame him because it is so yummy!!! I will post the recipe and a picture when it is all finished :)

While at Publix I started to have trouble walking. I felt like I was going to pee my pants! (TMI?) So I tried to hurry along and went home. When I got home I went into the bathroom before even unloading my groceries. Apparently I didn't really need to go to the bathroom at all. So I stood back up and went to get the groceries and I was STILL feeling it! I put away the groceries and took the dogs outside. Rocco is in potty training, round 2, so I have to keep him on a leash and "walk" him in the yard. It was so tough, I still felt like I was going to pee my pants! So now I am laying on my couch and this is where I intend to stay for the rest of the night. I am not sure what is going on. I know that Brett's head is right on my cervix, he is very low. And Emma is right near him. Hopefully this uncomfortableness passes soon, or else I am going to be waddling around like a penguin with an overactive bladder! Which, by the way, is probably what I looked like at Publix!





1 comment:

Lauren said...

Those questions must get so annoying, I love the blank stare, some people are so nosey!!!Hope the feeling passes soon :-)