Today was a really really hard day for me. Today was my first day back at work. I missed Brett and Emma terribly. I have left them during the day before to run errands, go to the gym, shop, etc. But in those cases it was always temporary. Going to work today was different in so many ways. I knew I would be doing it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next.
A part of me misses my students and my classroom so I was eager to get things set up. But as I was sitting in meetings this afternoon I couldn't help but feel like a stranger to that environment. I really felt out of place listening to my principal explain new procedures. Some of the time I was convinced she wasn't talking to me because I couldn't possibly be expected to work like everyone else.
I know that I was very lucky to stay home with Brett and Emma for 6 months - a lot longer than some could hope for. But I wish time could have stood still this last month. They are soaring developmentally and I can't help but feel sad that we aren't going to be spending our days together, exploring the world.
Some people thought I would cry on the way to work, and they were wrong. I saved it for the ride home. Luckily I get picture messages from Grandma and Aunt Heather, and that helped a lot today.
Just 298 days until summer. I can't wait.
1 comment:
Awwww thinking about you girl, this year will go by quickly I'm hoping for you :-)
Post a Comment