Sunday, August 21, 2011

Living for the weekends...

It has been a loooong week but finally the weekend has arrived! We have been having so much fun and keeping busy!

Friday night we had dinner at the Vinoy, where Brian and I got married! We ordered some delicious sushi but Emma decided to try something new...


Emma was stealing daddy's bread!!
     She didn't really "eat" any bread but she had fun playing with it. She seemed to like it though so I hope she doesn't have Celiac Sprue, like her mama!!

     After carb loading, Brett and Emma fell asleep in grandma's city mini. 
Devoted tummy sleepers!
     Saturday morning we got up early (thanks, guys!) and played before getting ready for a very special birthday party!!! Brett and Emma's best playdate friend, Leila, turned ONE YEAR OLD! It was a really great luau on Indian Shores with real hula dancers and a monkey!

Birthday girl, Leila, reaching for her cake! Look at those proud parents! :)

     After the party we were exhausted but had great seats for the Rays game. We headed out for a few innings and had a great time, surprisingly! I was so worried that after the long day, B&E would be exhausted and cranky. But they stayed awake for the first few innings. We left early and the Rays were winning 5-0! Woo-hoo!!! 

     Since we had such a long busy day yesterday, Brett and Emma slept in until 8 this morning!!! YAY! That was awesome :) 

     Brett and Emma were being very silly during breakfast this morning, so of course I caught it on camera. They have fun getting food all over the place. 



Breakfast gave them all the energy they needed to play with their new favorite toy...newspaper!

Can you find the two cuties in that mess?
              Is it just me, or do the weekends come and go way too quickly???






3 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the food pictures of B&E. Thanks for sharing and hope returning to work isn't too crazy for you.

Lauren said...

How cute! Sad I missed you guys at the Rays games last night! :-)

Life with Leila said...

Thanks for coming and celebrating Leila's special day with us! We loved play dates with you, B&E, and adult grape juice! lol Hope we can plan another one soon!!