Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!

     I love Valentine's Day! I know some people think it is a lame holiday, but I really love it. What is not to love? Presents, candy, cards, flowers, cute stuffed animals, conversation hearts. This is Brian and I's 7th Valentine's Day together! And I know it will be the best one yet. We have had some pretty interesting Valentine's days in the past. Especially when I was at FSU. One year Brian brought Rusty to Tallahassee with him so we had to stay in a dog-friendly hotel. Let me tell you, this was no classy resort! I am pretty sure the room was less than $50 and I refused to use the shower. We ordered Outback to go and ate out of styrofoam. Very romantic. Another year we drove all around trying to find a restaurant without a two hour wait and ended up eating at Applebees. Brian was such a trooper always coming to Tallahassee to visit me in the middle of the week for anniversaries and holidays. He must really love me!! 


     Our first Valentine's Day that I was not in school there happened to be a hockey game. How perfect! So I bought Brian a new Jersey and let him take me out to the game. 
Valentine's Day -- 2009
















     This year we are excited to celebrate the day of love with our precious little babies!! Even though we have had offers for babysitters (thanks, Susan!!) we really wanted to stay in with Brett and Emma. So tonight we are having take-out from The Palm and cuddling up with our cuties. Brian got a $100 gift card from a client over the holidays so tonight seemed like a good time to cash it in. And I sort of refused to get dressed up for dinner the last few months if I didn't really have to, so he has been waiting to use it. There is a $49.95 4 course special going on at The Palm right now so it is perfect! And it includes dessert - yum! I also got Brian a little gift that he will love and am making him some special treats. 

     I think Brian already gave me the BEST Valentine's Day present. I fell asleep last night around 11:00 and didn't wake up until 3:00AM. That is 4 straight hours of sleep. As in not waking up every hour to pump milk, warm a bottle, or change a diaper. He took care of everything (except the pumping business) and was up for work at 7:30. He is back to work full time this week and I know he needs his energy! There are 3 hockey games this week! So that was very extra special sweet of him to do!!! 

    I hope everyone else has a great Valentine's Day. Eat some chocolate and give lots of hugs and kisses! I can't wait to post pictures of Brett and Emma's first Valentine's Day!!! 

XOXO! 



4 comments:

Mrs. W. said...

I had to laugh, because my husband and I totally did the same thing one year in college - drove around looking for a restaurant on Valentine's Day, but everything had obscene wait times, so we ended up at an Applebee's! Apparently people hate Applebee's on Valentine's Day, lol!

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family! :)

Lauren said...

Hope you have a great first Valentine's as a family :-)

Steph said...

4 hours of sleep? Woohoo!

Unknown said...

I hope one day I have what you and Brian have.