Thursday, February 10, 2011

It has been a great week!


     It has been over a week since our little loves were born, and they have been keeping us very busy!! Brett and Emma are really good babies. Brian and I could not have been more blessed. They eat about every 3 hours and rarely cry. When they start wiggling around we know it is time for a diaper change and some food in their cute little bellies. They do not sleep through the night, but they stick to their schedule which really helps us! Brian and I take turns getting up and we work together as a really great team. I couldn't imagine doing this with anyone else in the world. 

     Things at home aren't quite as we had planned. Because I had to have a c-section, we have been sleeping downstairs. Brian brought a bassinet down from our bedroom and we already had a pack-n-play set up in the living room. So Brett and Emma have been sleeping in those while we sleep on the couch. I cannot wait to get upstairs into our big comfy bed, but this is working out really well right now. It is going to be hard to put the babies in their nursery when we move upstairs, I am so used to having them so close to us! I guess that is why we bought the bassinets in the first place, I knew I would want them in our room for a little while. It makes the nighttime feedings easier, and we just like having them close by. 

     We have been taking a lot of pictures over the last few days and I will get them on here as soon as I get them all uploaded. But here are a few to hold everyone over for now! 

Emma right after she was born.


Uncle Heath (Brian's brother) holding Brett when he was an hour old!


Emma in her cute outfit when we were leaving the hospital. 


She wasn't too happy here!


I love this outfit on Brett. It says "Mommy's peanut!" This was taken when we were leaving the hospital.

Our first day at home and they were holding hands in the pack-n-play!! This is the most adorable picture, ever!! 

Daddy playing a trick on Brett and giving him bunny ears!

     We have really been enjoying our time at home. Brian went back to work for a few hours today and after this weekend he will probably be back to his regular schedule. Having him home has been so much fun. I wish our little family could always be this way but I guess someone has to work :) Luckily I won't be going back to work until August, but I know that is going to be very hard! I thought leaving my students was tough, I cannot imagine leaving my babies! 

     A lot of people have been asking us how the dogs are adjusting to the babies. I think they are doing fantastic! Rocco and Rusty are very curious but they are acting like their typical selves. I am sure they are a little jealous of all the attention the babies get, but we found a great doggy day care that we can take them to. They get to play with other dogs, and there are even video cameras so we can check on them during the day and see them play! I think we will start taking Rusty one or two days a week so she can get exercise and have fun with the other dogs. I am not sure about Rocco, I don't think he gets as much out of it. At home, he usually just lounges around. 

Rocco loves to curl up on the couch cushions!



     Rusty has been a little more productive around here. While we are busy changing diapers and warming bottles, she has been catching up on our e-mails for us. Don't be offended if she doesn't get back to you right away. It takes her a while to type since she doesn't have opposable thumbs! 



     So that is what we have been up to lately. Staying busy with the babies and enjoying every minute of it. It has really been a lot easier than I could have imagined. Sometimes it is tough getting up at 3 and 6 in the morning, but seeing my little pumpkins smile makes it totally worth it! 


2 comments:

Lauren said...

awww so cute they are the sweetest jess!!! :-)

Shannon said...

Hii! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I absolutely love seeing your beautiful babies and it reminds me so much of how mine were that small- it feels like ages ago even though it was only 14 months.

If you ever have any twin or baby related questions, feel free to email me!

DTBTTL@yahoo.com

Enjoy every single moment of the next year- the good and the bad. It goes so quick :)