Being a stay at home mom these last few months has been so awesome! I love spending the day with my cuties. Teaching them, playing, exploring the world....there is so much to do. I am so lucky that Brian agrees with me that this is where I should be spending my time, and he works so hard to make it possible.
Some days I want Brett and Emma to stay this age forever, so I can always stay home and play with them! Other days I am pulling my own hair out. I don't know who/how/what determines when those crazy days will appear. All I know is Brian can usually tell the second he walks in the door! Most nights after work he is greeted by the smell of our dinner cooking on the stove, the kids finishing their own dinner, and a big kiss on the lips! That is, most nights.
Then there are the nights after work when he is greeted with screams from Brett and emma and an evil eye from me. (How dare he take longer than EXACTLY 35 minutes to get home from work?!) On those nights he is my hero, whisking Brett and Emma up the stairs and into the bathtub as I pour myself a large glass of wine! It is almost right out of a fairytale. Somehwere between Cinderella and Snow White, it must have got lost in translation. :)
The rough days don't come too often. Though I do believe I have had some decent previews of "Terrible Two's!" Most days are spent being silly, playing, and laughing. As you can see in this video, we love to goof off and have fun around here!!!
PS - Brian is my hero every night, not just on the nights when he takes over bedtime. It is just those nights that I appreciate his heroism a whole lot more!
No comments:
Post a Comment