Thursday, June 16, 2011

Seussville on Pelican Court

The nursery has been done for months now, but I am finally getting around to uploading the pictures. 

It was pretty tough to choose a nursery theme that was gender neutral. And after spending hours looking at nurseries online and in other blogs, I was almost prepared to make separate nurseries for Brett and Emma. But Brian was not having that. And I realized it would be way too much work (for him.) 

Then, one day I was getting my hair and makeup done for my maternity photos when my genius hairdresser suggested a Dr. Seuss nursery! What a super idea!!! We started painting the next day. 

I collected items for a while. Lots of online shopping - Home Decorators, Etsy, Ebay, Amazon, etc. It all came together pretty nicely. Now Brett and Emma are living happily in Seussville!

Presenting....Brett and Emma's room! :)



View from the bedroom door


LOVE the glider and bay window

Changing table with diaper stacker and bins

Bedroom door

Where the magic happens. Magic=Sleep

Closets

LOTS of clothes!!!


Intercom

Light plate and switch covers I ordered on Etsy


Another view of cribs with hamper

A good view of the stripes Brian painted and the cool bookshelf I found!


Bay window with valance and Dr. Seuss alphabet quilt

In a couple of years Brett and Emma will be moving in to their own rooms and all this hard work will be gone. And the thought of that makes me want to cry, so let's not talk about them growing up or anything else like that :)

3 comments:

Steph said...

The room is so awesome!! Such a great idea. It really came together nicely :)

Anonymous said...

I Absolutely LOVE the quote above their cribs, the READ sign, and the rug.
Oh, and I wish my closet was that organized...

-Robin

Mrs. W. said...

So cute! I love the stripes!