Monday, June 6, 2011

4 months old!!

    Brett and Emma turned 4 months old last week. WOW! They are growing so fast, it's unbelievable. We are already 1/3 of the way to their first birthday party - which I am planning already! 


     At their 4-month check-up we got the OK to start on solids. Fun stuff...we started with rice cereal. 
I followed the instructions on the box, clearly too much cereal!


Emma loves it!

Brett would rather have his bib!




     Our pediatrician said we can introduce foods in any order, but to wait about 5 days between foods when introducing something new. This can help to detect any possible allergies or reactions to new foods. 


     Any moms looking for information on starting solids can find a lot of information at www.wholesomebabyfoods.com. Whether you are interested in purees or baby led weaning, the website has a lot of information, recipes, tips, etc. for introducing solids and helping your child to be a healthy eater that chooses a wide variety of foods to eat! 








                  So...for the 4-month stats:

Emma: 13 lbs, 14 ounces. 
Brett: 15 lbs, 7 ounces. 


They are both in the 50% for their weight and head circumference. Brett is in the 50% for height and Emma is in the 75th! They are actually the same height (around 24 inches), but they are on different boy/girl growth charts. 


We have been having a lot of fun lately, as always :) Luckily, I have the pictures to prove it!

Hanging in Brett's crib, watching the mobile.

Brett hearing a bedtime story from Daddy.

Emma in her favorite play yard!

Post-bath cuteness!

More post-bath cuteness!

3 comments:

Steph said...

4 months old? I can't believe it! They are adorable... thanks for sharing!

Mrs. W. said...

I can't believe they're 4 months old already! Such cuties!

bonniebelle said...

A) I'm glad to know I'm not the only Mama already planning a 1st Birthday Party. Last week I was thinking about songs to use for the photo slide show. I'm a dork!

B) Thank you for the link about solid food! It's already been very useful.

And...

C) B&E are so flipping cute!

That is all.