Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's next? Kindergarten?

     Oh my goodness these babies are growing out of control!! I just cannot take it. 


There is a small pile of clothes forming as I do laundry...the "too small" pile. 


     At night we swaddle Brett and Emma in Summer swaddlers and they just wear white Gerber onesies. Brian was putting Emma in one the other night and told me that her head could barely fit through the opening! And the snaps were coming undone on Brett's! So the newborn onesies, 5-8lbs, are now too small. Isn't that heartbreaking?! How do they grow so fast?


I found this online yesterday and of course it made me get so teary...

         Song for a fifth child - Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
    Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth, 
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth, 
    Hang out the washing and butter the bread, 
    Sew on a button and make up a bed. 
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
     She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
    Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue 
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due 
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew 
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo 
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo. 
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue? 
    The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow, 
    For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow. 
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. 
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.
Did you read that last line?? 'I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.'

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!


OK...so to cheer you up after that tear jerker here are some pictures!

Emma during some tummy time!
Hi!! 
Me and the kiddos at my sister's house last weekend





OMG! Isn't this the cutest picture ever!! And I love this
onesie from Stace and Caitlin - 'mommy's new man' HA!





3 comments:

Lauren said...

They are sooo sweet and you look amazing! Can't wait to see you next week ;-)

Steph said...

Aw, that is tough but so great that they are growing like little weeds! The pics are adorable and you look wonderful. You don't need WW skinny minny!!! :)

Kristin {Sea Cow Circus} said...

Such cute kiddos! Love the pictures :) Thinking of the 5-8 pound onesies made me chuckle, though - my daughter was 8 lbs, 2 oz., when she was born and never fit in those! The Gerber clothes always run really small on her, but I just remember those looking so tiny, even compared to her newborn self :)