I have to start by saying that I love - my very understanding friends!
I have always been a very "go with the flow" type of person. I am always up for a good time, extremely flexible, and ready for just about anything. Unfortunately, some of that has changed.
I had plans to meet my good friends Lauren and Erika for breakfast this morning. Erika and I had been texting about where to meet. Our usual breakfast spot is very tiny and would not accommodate my large stroller, which I needed since B&E would be sleeping during breakfast time. After some discussion, we finally agreed on a place. Phew.
"See you in twenty." Erika texted me. Hmmmm....not so much! I wouldn't even make it out of the house in twenty minutes! With Brett screaming for his breakfast an hour earlier than usual, I honestly wasn't sure when I could meet up. But luckily, Erika and Lauren were very, very understanding.
After what seemed like an hour later (probably because it WAS an hour later) I arrived at breakfast. I took one look at the cozy booth Lauren was snuggled into and asked the hostess to move us to a different table. How in the HECK was I going to cater to B&E in that tiny booth!? So Lauren grabbed her diet coke - it was lunch time at this point - and Erika grabbed the stroller. We made our way to a much more comfortable table where we could eat breakfast in a little peace with the two cutest babies!!
We all enjoyed our breakfast and had a great time. The babies were fantastic, as always. I got lots of comments on how adorable and well behaved they are. Don't mind me when I seem unphased by this. I know I have incredibly good looking and well behaved babies :)
And of course I love that Erika got some great pics on her Palm!
![]() |
| Emma's pretty smile! |
![]() |
| Look at Brett's belly!! Even Emma seems shocked! |
![]() |
| Just hanging out! |



6 comments:
I love the photos! especially the "Brett's Belly and Emma's shocked look on her face" so cute.
So cute! I totally understand the timing stuff. Now, if only my husband would get the "I can't get out the door in 20 minutes." It doesn't get easier when they are mobile. I'm constantly having to try and catch my 2-year old to get him ready. I used to be early to everything, now I'm consistently late. I set the clock on my new van 5 minutes fast so I'm not as late to stuff.
Sounds like your friends rock!
Oh yes! Thank goodness for understanding friends! And I swear those two just keep getting cuter and cuter! Oh... and Lily has started getting a "fomula belly" as her daddy calls it too. Too cute!
I haven't had to chase down a 2 year old yet, but I can say it gets easier to get out the door when they eat less often and can sit up on their own.
I still often make plans by saying, "I'll call you when he gets up from his morning nap and meet you then." It is great having flexible friends!
Love the pictures!!!
oh they are soooo cute Jess!!!
Post a Comment