Sunday, September 5, 2010

Gender Reveal Party - Twins Style!

Brian and I hosted a gender reveal party tonight and it was so much fun!!

We invited our families over and asked everyone to wear different colors to represent what their guesses were for the sex of the babies. Blue meant 2 boys, pink meant 2 girls, and purple meant one of each!

What do you think most people guessed???
Purple!!!

There were a few team blue...


And a few team pink...

Brian's dad wanted to vote for everything, so that he would be right...

Finally it was time to cut the cakes!! Yummy :)

Brian's parents cut cake A...

AND.....

It's a boy!!!

My parents cut cake B...


AND....

It's a girl!!!

We are so happy to be expecting one boy and one girl :)

The party was fun...the cakes were adorable...it was really a great time!
I was hobbling around on my leg some of the night, but was back in my wheelchair before it was all over. It was nice to move around some and I am really hoping that by the end of the long weekend I will be able to go back to work!!

I will leave you with a picture of me looking huge while I grow one baby girl and one baby boy sweet potato!

Thanks for reading :)

9 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks like an awesome party, you look AMAZING & the cakes are seriously soooo adorable wow! Sad I missed it but I will see you later this week :-)

Unknown said...

wow gender reveal party sounds so much better than what I was calling it (baby sex party) hahahaha

Jessica said...

Haha. Sexy baby party!! :)
YAY Thursday night!

Junie Luv said...

I knew it!!! That was my guess a girl and a boy. My dream twin hehehe. I am so happy for you and your H. You have both worlds and wont have to worry about what to get because you'll have to get both :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! I LOVED the idea of a gender reveal party!!! The cakes were absolutely adorable such an awesome idea to have the parents but into! I bet you are an awesome teacher! haha.. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy! Hope its as smooth as can be!

*Michelle

Jo said...

LOVE IT!!! im so excited for you guys!!!!

Maggie said...

that's really cute!

stiner said...

Oh my goodness! I'm tearing up! I am soo happy for you!!! one little boy and one little girl!!!! how amazing! I hope you are feeling better my love! =)

Anonymous said...

Love the party pics!!! Congrats on the girl and boy!!!